Cheryl Williams, M.Ed., LPC, NCC, MAC, CPCS
Licensed Professional Counsellor
15+ Years of Experience
United StatesEmail Therapist
About Cheryl Williams
- Entrepreneur/Owner: MSCC, LLC
- Field Experience: Over 15 years of working with children, families, Veterans, Churches, Community Service, Public Schools Systems, Universities, Non-profits, State agencies including Community Mental Health/CSB, Department of Children and Family Services, Department of Juvenile Justice, Superior/Juvenile Courts, Child Advocacy, etc. Currently work as a Turnaround Clinical Therapist in an Elementary School at one of the largest school districts in the Atlanta Area.
- Teaching/Educator: 10 years teaching Psychology, Criminal Justice, & Counseling on the College/University level; Seminar Leader for Practicum/Internships; Continuing Education courses.
- Credentials: Licensed Professional Counselor in State of Georgia (LPC); National Certified Counselor (NCC); Master Addiction Counselor (MAC); Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor (CPCS); Professional Membership(s): National Board of Certified Counselor (NBCC); Licensed Professional Counselors Association of GA (LPCA of GA); Psychology Today listing;
- Education: M.Ed. in Psychology and Counseling, Troy University and Bachelor Business Administration, Temple University
- Native of New York, but reside in Atlanta, GA
- Passion for helping others to reach their potential and compassion for people to rise above their past hurts, fears, and/or life challenges.
SpecialtiesAnxiety, Child or Adolescent, Trauma / PTSD
Age Group FocusChildren, Adolescents, Adults
Treatment ApproachesArt Therapy, Coaching, Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Culturally Sensitive, Humanistic, Integrative, Mindfulness-based (MBCT), Motivational Interviewing, Multicultural, Play Therapy, Relational, Solution Focused Brief (SFBT), Person-Centered Therapy
IssuesAcademic issues, Anger Management, Anxiety, Behavior Issues, Child or Adolescent, Coping Skills, Depression, Drug Abuse, Goal Setting, Grief, Marital / Premarital, Military, OCD, Oppositional Defiance, Parenting, Relationship Issues, Self Esteem, Spirituality, Trauma / PTSD, Women’s Issues