Chase Salmons, LCMHC
About Chase Salmons
- If you're anxious and on edge, we'll find strategies that will help you feel empowered to take back control.
- If you're depressed, we'll address the things that keep you stuck and find ways to help you get moving.
- If you're confused or frustrated in a relationship, we'll dissect the issues and find a way out of the chaos & isolation.
- If you're trapped in a cycle and can't find a way out, we'll create a plan for change to break through the despair.
- If you're cut off from yourself, your soul, or the future, we'll investigate what it means when your heart comes alive.
In our work together, we will tackle the fun stuff, the hard stuff, the easy stuff, the embarrassing stuff, the shame-filled stuff, the life-giving stuff, and whatever other stuff comes up. We'll tackle it together, because life is messy and sometimes needing an extra hand is just a normal part of being a person.
In our sessions, we'll rely on the insight, strengths, tools, and experience that we both bring to the table.
My job is to help you identify things you want to understand or change, and then work as hard as I can to support you in the process of learning, healing, and growing. I love collaborating with clients so that the work we do is something that you can feel a sense of ownership of and excitement about.
In counseling, I often use CBT, Solutions-Focused Therapy, Narrative Therapy, and systems-based approaches.
In a non-clinical-jargon-y nutshell, that basically means I believe:
- How we think (or have been made to think) effects how we live,
- We do most of our thinking through powerful stories that help us make sense out of life,
- We can question those stories and even build new ones if they aren’t getting us where we want to go, and...
- Sometimes we have to get creative to do that.
When appropriate, I also use EMDR therapy with clients who are seeking to overcome trauma or who find themselves feeling trapped by pervasive negative thoughts, beliefs, or other symptoms.
As the spiritual side of life is an important part of my own story, I invite you to let me know if you'd like to bring that aspect of your life into sessions, too.
I firmly believe that each client has every reason to expect great things. If you have questions about what this could mean for you, or are ready to get started, let's talk!
SpecialtiesAnxiety, Relationship Issues, Self Esteem
Age Group FocusAdolescents, Adults
Treatment ApproachesAttachment-based, Coaching, Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), EMDR, Emotionally Focused, Family / Marital, Family Systems, Interpersonal, Mindfulness-based (MBCT), Motivational Interviewing, Narrative, Relational, Solution Focused Brief (SFBT), Person-Centered Therapy
IssuesAcademic issues, Addiction, ADHD, Alcohol Abuse, Anger Management, Anxiety, Behavior Issues, Bipolar Disorder, Career Counseling, Caregiver Stress, Child or Adolescent, Codependency, Coping Skills, Depression, Divorce, Drug Abuse, Dual Diagnosis, Family Conflict, Gambling, Goal Setting, Grief, Internet Addiction, Introversion, Leadership, Life Coaching, Marital / Premarital, Men’s Issues, Parenting, Relationship Issues, Self Esteem, Sexual Abuse, Sexual Addiction, Smoking Cessation, Spirituality, Trauma / PTSD, Video Game Addiction